Accelerating Progress, Advancing Opportunity!
There’s something for everyone at the 2016 AG Bell Convention! Connect with the entire listening and spoken language community. Come for the learning, stay for the fun! Bring the entire family to Denver and experience everything the Mile High City has to offer: family-friendly parks, arts, music, museums, shopping, recreation and breathtaking views!
- Families: Engage in the learning you want and need, connect with other families by sharing your experiences, and interact with professionals working toward advancing future opportunities for children with hearing loss.
- Professionals: Take this opportunity to expand your professional network and make yourself visible among your peers and the people you serve! Learn the latest in the field in a variety of new and engaging learning formats.
- Adults with hearing loss: Reconnect with old friends and make new ones! Share your story and give parents greater hope for their child’s future.
- Children’s Program: We make it easy for you to bring the whole family – our Children’s Program gives kids through age 14 – with and without hearing loss – an unforgettable weekend of meaningful and fun activities with other children with similar experiences.
Take advantage of all the opportunities for learning and connecting with people who share your interests. Families and adults who are deaf can register two people for the price of one and double up on all the training the Convention has to offer.
New Session Formats
The 2016 AG Bell Convention will feature the following new dynamic session formats to deliver information in a way that meets everyone’s learning style:
- Accelerate Sessions — gain diverse insights and perspectives on topical issues from a team of presenters
- Knowledge-building Sessions — get in-depth information with a blend of research and ready-to-use practice
- Interactive Sessions — lend your voice through dynamic exchange in small-group discussions and activities.
Topical Learning Tracks
The educational program infuses the latest evidence-based research and practice as well as case studies and inspirational stories from leaders in the field. Sessions are organized in five learning tracks:
- Educational, Therapeutic and Clinical Management
- Professional Practice
- Living with Hearing Loss
Continuing Education Opportunities
Professionals: Earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from the AG Bell Academy for Listening and Spoken Language, the American Academy of Audiology (AAA) and the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
Science Showcase! Exhibit Hall and Posters
Talk to the people moving the needle forward in our field through learning fresh, new information.
– See more at: http://www.agbell.org/2016Convention/#sthash.t9PKOrlD.dpuf